Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Have you ever been to Costco and received a free sample? If so, it's likely come from one of our employees. For more than 35 years, Club Demonstration Services (CDS) has helped Costco members make shopping decisions and shaped the identity that Costco is perhaps best known for its awesome free samples.
As the in-house product sampling company for Costco Wholesale, CDS has friendly, professional and talented employees who provide high quality product demonstrations and marketing services to Costco Wholesale and its vendors.
Under direct supervision, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing effective administrative and secretarial support for the Country Manager and assigned departments. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling day-to-day tasks and activities as assigned.
A) Work Experience/Education Required:
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing clerical support for Division Management in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides administrative support to Division Managers and/or Business Managers by preparing and editing communications, making travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, disseminating information to staff and clients, and assisting in creating presentations.
• Provides office coverage by assisting in administrative duties such as replenishing supplies, mailroom and phone coverage.
• Maintains a friendly and professional environment by greeting and assisting visiting colleagues, vendors, clients and customers.
• Assists with developing presentations by assimilating and compiling specific and necessary data.
• Ensures special projects are completed in a timely manner by performing and coordinating appropriate tasks.
• Organizes group meetings by participating in scheduling dates, notifying participants, preparing agendas and arranging refreshments.
• Ensures complete record of meetings by acting as recording assistant.
Information Gathering and Reporting
• Compiles information by reviewing and disseminating incoming mail, prioritizing and categorizing documents for signature, and maintaining confidential files for document retrieval.
• Assists with documentation of internal policies and procedures, newsletters, training materials, and other communications.
• Maintains customer confidence and protect operations by keeping proprietary information confidential.
• Facilitates information flow by serving as liaison between Division Manager, Business Manager, and others.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED Or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Associate's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Office Administration
5+ Years of experience in working as an Executive Administrative Assistant or related experience supporting “C” level executives.
Must be fluent in French and English (verbal and written)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Strong Priortizing Skills
Decision Making Skills
Ability to Gather Data, Compile Information, & Prepare Reports
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants